Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Subjects are akin to sound bites...

It's been a long time since I did one of these, and I really liked this one, so I borrowed this from Anna's journal... 
1.  WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?    Some white plates...some Disney plates. 
2.  WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?    I'm reading several right now...In my bag to take to work, I've got Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (which I'm re-reading), and The Hotel Riviera by Elizabeth Adler.  I sometimes take three or four different books to work...it all depends on my mood as to which book I'm going to read. 
3.  WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?    Three wolves , mountains, forest, a crescent moon, and a full earth. 
4.  WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?  Trivial Pursuit! 
5.  FAVORITE MAGAZINE?    Entertainment Weekly.  (I'm on the shallow side...)  I also like Outside, I'm always stealing that from work and the Y. 
6.  FAVORITE SMELL?  Chocolate 
7.  LEAST FAVORITE SMELL?  Cabbage.  And broccoli and cheese. 
8.  WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?  The first thing that I think of is when I can go back to sleep. 
9.  LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?  I like all colors. 
10. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?   I never answer the phone.  I talk on it all day at work.  I'd be happy to never see another phone. 
11.  FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?  I would love another child.  For a long time, I would think about names...But not lately. 
Okay, I would say John for a boy, after my brother and my grandfather...For a girl, I don't know, I already used up the perfect one for my daughter. 
12. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?   I can't answer the question right now.  I know what it should be, and what I want it to be, and what it actually is to me.  Three different things...which is the right answer? 
13. FAVORITE SOUND?   My daughter, humming as she does with nearly everything, and she doesn't even realize she's doing it... 
14. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?  Chocolate chocolate chocolate. 
15. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?   Sometimes. :) 
16. STORMS: COOL OR SCARY?   Cool.  And scary. 
17. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?   1985 Dodge Omni 
18. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?   I would like to meet my great-grandfather.  My grandma and her sisters still talk about their "Daddy" with such love... 
19.  WHAT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?   February 7 
20. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?   I don't eat vegetables.  Or fruit. So I think the answer to this one would be "no". 
21. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE?   This is alway such a tricky question.  Because the next thing you would say is, you know what, you CAN have any job.  What's stopping you? 
Why am I working at a job I don't really like?  It's okay, but certainly now what I ever dreamed about. 
The job I would really like would be to work as a researcher. 
22.  IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?  I kind of like my own hair color.  Except for those pesky gray hairs that keep showing up. 
23. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?   Yes. 
24. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?  There is no glass. 
25. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES?   I'm a movie junky.  I can't choose!  Okay, okay...Apollo13, Return To Me, It's a Wonderful Life, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, The Truth About Cats and Dogs, High Fidelity, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Matrix...I have no idea, really, I'm cheating and looking at my DVD shelf. 
26. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?  Yes. 
27. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?   Dust. 
28. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?  In the tradition of Douglas Adams fans everywhere, I'll have to say 42.
29. WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?  Something bad happening to my daughter.  And tornadoes. 
30. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.   Since I found this in Anna's journal...she is a wonderful friend, a wonderful mother, and someone whom I admire very much in her commitment to building up and helping other people. 
31. FAVORITE CD?  I have several.  I can't pick!  I really can't pick this one.
Okay, I guess I lied, I'll have to take this opportunity to say that Metallica's 'Ride the Lightning' is the best album ever, so it would probably be my favorite CD. 
32. FAVORITE TV SHOWS?   All Star Trek.  Star Trek Star Trek Star Trek.  Buffy.  Angel.  Dawson's Creek.  My So-Called Life.  (All my favorites seem to be off the air, but still going strong on DVD...) Survivor.  Big Brother.  I just discovered The Amazing Race in the last couple weeks, it's really good, I don't know if it's one of my favorites, but it and Big Brother are the only things I'm actively watching that's on the air right now. 
33. HAMBURGERS OR HOT DOGS?  Neither.  I'll take chicken, please. 
34. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK?   Diet Pepsi! 
35. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?  Hard to choose...for me I guess it's a toss-up between the Austrian Alps, and Wyoming. 
36. SCREEN SAVER ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW?  SETI 
37. CATS OR DOGS?  Dogs 
38. WHITE HOLIDAY LIGHTS OR MULTI COLORED?  I like white lights on my tree, which reflect off all my red and yellow ornaments.  For houses, I love to see the multi-colored lights. 
Editor's note:  Life just goes along swimmingly until your stupid computer messes up.  If the font doesn't work this time, my computer and I are going to have a long, serious talk...

6 comments:

  1. I give up.  I can't get this font to work right.  I hate computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle~

    What's wrong with your font?  It looks like it is fine to me.

    Love your answers!  I really like Dawson's Creek, also!  

    I'd have to agree with you here, dust under my bed, also!  It's so hard to get under there and clean it!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all your answers!!  I love these things, always find out so much about the person and how much you have in common!!
    Have a great day!!
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the things that I will remember about you...that you love Diet Pepsi, and that is my poison of choice at all times, and that you share my youngest daughter's birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle,

    I have the same color plates you do and you must eat your fruits and vegetables LOL!!!!

    :) Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Michelle for the really sweet, kind words about me.  You know how I feel about you, chick!  One of my closest sisters, no doubt.  

    There is no glass?  What?  Then what is there?  

    ReplyDelete