Monday, August 2, 2004

Time to think...

Two entries in one night!  I'm feeling very prolific, and I also may even go to bed (relatively) early tonight...
I finished reading Let's Roll by Lisa Beamer...it was so good.  I didn't expect it to affect me so much.  I was determined to go to the Y tonight because I've been slacking, and I also couldn't put down this book.  Finally, I left my house, and drove all way to the Y, reading the book as I drove (which is a very dangerous thing, especially for me, and I'm very ashamed), and then sitting in the Y parking lot, reading it until it was finished.
It was a book that really made me think, and it was fortuitous that I followed it up with 75 minutes of working out, where all you have to do is think!
It made me think, and it made me ask myself questions, and it reminded me of how extraordinary ordinary people can be.

3 comments:

  1. tsk tsk tsk on driving and reading at the same time!!  Girl, what I am going to do with you???

    I head that was a really good book from some other people too.  My next trip to the book store I will have to get it.  

    Now go to bed and get some rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving and reading......!!!!! I will try and find the book to read.  Right now I'm into the new Sue Grafton book.  Reading is so difficult anymore, I read a few pages and I nod off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I am not the only one who reads and drives at times   john

    ReplyDelete