Saturday, April 26, 2014

I'm bleeding out...


I'm sitting in the living room of my new apartment with my darling daughter...we're both on our computers and watching an awesome comedian named Gabriel Iglesias on TV, and laughing hysterically.

The fact that we're in our living room and watching TV is something I still can't quite get over. For over a year, Chelsea and I hadn't been able to relax in our living room and hang out together, and this is just. so. nice!

I love our new place. It's full of natural light, and the hardwood floors are so shiny and beautiful, and it has such possibilities. It's true, it needs a lot of work, but I don't care. The feeling of freedom I have here is priceless.

We're on the second floor again, but with a huge difference. Just to get up to our building we have to walk up a gauntlet of steps on a very steep hill; by the time I get to the actual steps to get up to my apartment, I have to stop and take a breather. When I'm carrying groceries or something, forget it - I start seeing black spots before my eyes on the last flight of stairs, it's pretty funny.

This is the type of place where everyone knows everyone else and hangs with each other. It makes me a little uncomfortable, actually, because I'm not the social type. I've already told Chelsea she will have to do all the socializing for us.

So...I think the current school of thought on me is, um, crazy, flaky, scattered, suggestible and absent. That's just the impression I have, anyway.

I think it's because I moved, and so quickly. People aren't used to me doing anything, much less in a hurry. I'm definitely more of a turtle type. I've only made a few major decisions in my life:

1. I had a daughter.
2. I decided NOT to work in a factory.
3. I graduated from college with a degree in Philosophy.
4. I moved.
5. I moved again.

That's all I can think of.

But anyway, this is what I come up with when people ask why I moved:

To co-workers: I had to move because my floor-sleeper wouldn't leave.
To family: Um...because...it's closer to work?

Neither of these seem to be an acceptable answer to people. I wonder why?

.......................................................................

It's 2 a.m., and I've relocated to my bedroom. I'm trying desperately to end this useless post, but my daughter followed me in here and is playing with my kitty. Chelsea isn't going to bed anytime soon, she came home from work at 9 p.m. and this is Happy Hour.

I am sooo old!

39 comments:

  1. A beautiful post :)
    Full of natural light and peaceful :)
    Cool !
    Is that a painting of the street ? Wonderful !
    Relax, meditate and live well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a degree in philosophy?
    Um...
    Why?
    Yes, that's the ultimate philosophical question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because!
      LOL
      I get that question a lot. It's the 2nd most asked question. The most asked question is,
      "What's that?"
      :)

      Delete
  3. Your new place sounds great. You'll get used to the stairs. And don't worry about "sooo old". I've been old before. One gets used to that too. Enjoy your decision --it sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geo.!
      I hope I get used to the stairs...it's so embarrassing to hear myself gasping for air in the stairwell every day. :)

      Delete
  4. I seem to remember something about half the rent . . .

    Don't you gals ever sleep? :-\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, half the rent! That's a really awesome thing...of course, I'm on a budget, so I never get to see the difference anyway. Maybe in a few months?

      I do sleep! Sunday afternoons, mostly... :)

      Delete
  5. lol its okay to be an old fart hahaha Yipppeee for you, freedom and no floor sleeper. Maybe you should get some spy listening gear and see what those neighbors are really saying lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my across the hall neighbor is pregnant and has four cats, my neighbor below me is Mark and I already sit next to him 40 hours a week at work and have done so for more than 10 years (MORE than enough togetherness, LOL), and his across the hall neighbor is another one of my co-worker's son who happens to be 'dating' his boss.

      Yeah, I already got all the gossip, LOLOL!!!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you and Chels have a fun relationship.

    I'm glad you're in your new digs. It sounds like the beginning of something really good for you, black spots during the breather at the bottom of the stairs, notwithstanding. :)

    I didn't know you had a degree in Philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's SUCH a useful degree, too, LOL! I mainly use it for thinking deep thoughts, and for arguing people into submission. :)

      Delete
  7. No matter what choices you make in life, someone will have something to say about it. Do what's right for you and your daughter and to heck with the rest of them. That's what I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I just need to shake it off, this is such good advice, thank you!

      Delete
  8. Because you're entering a bold new phase! Slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! You're not that old, and I'm so happy for you with your new apartment. Once I get my teleportation device functional again, I might have to loan it to you--to avoid those black spots. I hear they're pretty vicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! That teleportation device will help so much, especially when we have a lot of groceries! :)

      Delete
  10. The move was the right thing for you, obviously. It has lifted your spirits. May the floor sleeper stay farrrr from your new floor. I think your reasons for moving make perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! I've been feeling like I'm half crazy every time I say them, but those really are the reasons, LOL.

      I so agree, this is just what we needed! :)

      Delete
  11. Lol. Congrats on your move. It looks like it did you well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After times of trouble, it always amazes me how blissed out I can get doing just normal things like watching TV and spending quality time with the cats. I'm glad you're settling in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And oh, yeah, my kittycat and I are spending lots of quality time together, too...she's been extra clingy since the move. I don't mind at all, I love it when she cuddles with me!

      Delete
  13. Nice to have a stress free new spot. As an adult there is never a need to explain your behavior so it is fine to just choose not to tell people things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right! People do tend to talk to me like a child, so I just take it. I should probably nip that in the bud! I don't have to answer!
      Thanks, Laoch :)

      Delete
  14. Hardwood floors are the best, eh?

    Glad you all are having some quality time together; even if it involves lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE these floors...

      I covet sleep, there is just not enough time...

      Delete
  15. Isn't he the comedian that does "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy?" If so, he really is funny! Before you know, you'll be jogging up that hill with groceries in your hands. Glad you're enjoying you're new place!! You deserve that happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle,
    Take the things easy. I am glad to learn that you and Chelsea are having fun in the new place. Don't worry whether the reasons you gave to other people make them happy. As long your words are truthful and sincere, that's enough to make you happy.
    I am sorry I could not read your page because I am kind of busy with my academic works here. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!, and good luck with your studies!

      Delete
  17. I hate moving as I hate few things in life. And yet, I've done it several times and it was almost always the right choice. If your new abode lets you better enjoy the simple pleasures of relaxing with your daughter, it was certainly worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely been the right choice, we are enjoying each other again! Thanks so much for reminding me, because we also already had a little argument today as well...this is our happy place! :)

      Delete
  18. Hi Michelle! I just remembered Grace this morning and came by to see if the move had happened. I'm so thrilled for you and Chelsea--how lovely to be able to hang out together with no floor sleeper present. Great to have a laugh. I can feel the freedom in your tone and Chelsea just wants to hang out with Mommy! Beautiful. Please enjoy and try not to give up your precious privacy.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise! Thank you so much for checking on us! And oh yes, we are so much more free now, it's unbelievable...Chelsea is under strict orders to not even give clues about where we live to anybody, LOL! We're enjoying the time we have. :)

      Delete
  19. lovely Mom & Kid enjoying together so interesting..Lovely cool picture!! smiles:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We do enjoy each other, MOST of the time...only one or two arguments a day, LOL! :)

      Delete
  20. Check out Chicago blog. Weird.

    ReplyDelete