Thursday, August 26, 2004

Miscellaneous...

yawning yawning yawning
Tomorrow I have to work...and then go to my daughter's first volleyball game...and then go help set up for Donna and Steve's baby shower...and then I had promised my nephew he could spend the night with me.  I didn't really mean to sign up for  shower duty and nephew duty on the same night, not to mention the fact that Friday night is my 'crash from lack of sleep' night.  It's just that Donna is such a good friend, and my nephew loves to come over and pester my daughter (he's 3, she's 12), and I miss them both.  It seemed like a good idea at the time...
My daughter's second week of school has been good...at school, anyway...and terrible at home.  The mornings and nights have been so bad, I can't even talk about it.  I think I've aged a few years in just this one week.  Hopefully I'll get over it and she'll grow out of it...I hate being tried like this.
I've been glued to the Olympics and not getting anything else done...
I managed to make it to the Y twice this week, yay!
I've read lots of books this week...nothing involving intelligence, just novels...
I bought my daughter a book the other day...decided it might be too old for her so I read it first...it wasn't too old for her, but I liked it so much, I read it again.  Now I'll finally give it to her.  She picked it up yesterday and wanted to read it, and I told her as soon as I read it she could...I didn't mention that I had read it once already!
I hope this weekend goes well.  I hope Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde go away on vacation. 
I wonder how many times in my life I have said, "I hope things go well."  It must be my mantra...
The engrossing pre-teen must-read, by the way?  It's All-American Girl by Meg Cabot.

4 comments:

  1. Aww...I think (even tho it will be such a  busy night) you are going to have a lot of fun!  Sure wished even one of my parents had come to see me play in basketball...
    And a baby shower!!  Your friends will appreciate that so much.
    And who doesn't love a 3 year old!!  Just think of all the fun that will bring into your home!! :o)  
    Sounds like your daughter is getting into those teen years a little early!!  I am dreading that so much when Josh gets older...the teens..ooooo!!  Makes me shiver just thinking about it!
    I have been glued to the Olympics too!!  The Hamm brothers live in the next city over from us...so it's a huge deal around here!!  :o)
    Hang in there...and just enjoy the little things that will happen tomorrow night.  :o)
    (like your nephew driving your daughter nuts!!)
    smiles and hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Donna and Steve :) Mackenzie is just adorable!! I wish them many blessings! Since Jared started school this week i haven't had much sleep either and i already promised him he could sign up for soccer saturday! Ugh!  
    That must have been a REALLY good book, lol ;)

    Have a good weekend!
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you went to the Y, that is two times more than me. LOL!  I have got to, just got to start doing some exercising.  See I am using you for a pledge, if I write it here, I may feel obligated to do it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete