Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope...

Vincent Van Gogh - Roses, 1889

1. Another migraine. Started early this morning. I'm ready to go get rid of my sorrows by downing some chocolate and peanut butter - if I feel this bad anyway, how much worse can it be?

2. I'm not really going to do that - It can always get worse!

3. My liver, for instance, can't be in very good shape anymore. I don't drink, but I swallow painkillers like candy. When I'm in the midst of a migraine, I'll take whatever's on hand until I get relief from the pain. It doesn't matter if I've already taken four Excedrin Migraine, if the pain hasn't gone within an hour, let's take four Motrin and see if that works. 

4. And since the neurologist nixed all the OTC stuff and put me on RX drugs only, it's just upped the stakes.

5. Sorry, no more pain talk. If I can make it one more month, that will make 2013 a HOSPITAL-FREE year! Yay....

6. 2010-Hospital E/R. Broken leg. Complications. THREE months off work.

7. 2011-Um, 'Special' Hospital. TWO and a HALF months off work.

8. 2012-Hospital. Blood transfusions. Surgery. TWO months off work.

9. 2013-Recovering. All year long. I'm so much better in November than I was in January. I am thankful.

10. I sooo wanna talk about Doctor Who with someone, but no one I know has watched it! (Chelsea had to work.) It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

11. I've written about all I can, I have to go take another pill now and lay down in my dark room and think about all I've done to deserve this pain. :)

22 comments:

  1. Gallifrey falls no more!

    (Heck, if you want to talk about it via email, my address is in my blogger profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those were quite the crappy years. Don't watch Dr. Who at my zoo so another will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are recumbent and recuperating and not suffering the light of the computer screen to read my comment, but I want you to know you are not alone in pain. It takes a while but eventually your doctor will find the right drug. Courage madame --it should help because I said that with a French accent. It helps me to think in French or Portuguese when the aura ascends. I also have a bit of blanket that I have declared magical and that goes over my eyes. Migraine is awful. Do what works. Rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know French or Portuguese...the only other language I know, besides ASL, is German. I can see how Romantic languages in your head would be soothing! Germanic languages just. don't. flow.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP about Who! I still haven't seen season 7 >:(

    What does that mean "special" hospital? Yeah, I realize you probably said it like that because you didn't want to say it, but... and I'll keep that to myself.

    That's a lot of hospital, though (from someone who has never been in the hospital).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a four or five part piece dedicated to it, it's tagged 'the place'.
      Never been in the hospital? Wow! I've been a few times more than this, this was just a particularly bad couple of years.
      I'm clumsy, have had a lot of broken bones.

      Delete
  6. Oooh sorry, you've been through it, haven't you? I really hope things are getting better.
    I loved the Dr Who anniversary edition. It was such a surprise, I wasn't expecting it to be like that - also the humour was wonderful. I loved how (spoilers!!) the Dr ended up not being the man he thought he was.
    Tom Baker's appearance at the end was a master stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched Doctor Who yet, but we will, tonight. ;)

    The migraines are better than they were, right? I'm so glad you're feeling somewhat better, and what a crazy couple of years! Yikes! Here's hoping 2014 ends up being the best on in a long time, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon.

    Okay, so another blog you need to follow if you're not already: http://blahblahblahyackitysmackity.blogspot.com/

    His devotion to the Doctor is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for people who suffer migraines. Hope the new stuff helps.

    Here's a Dr. Who lover for you. :)
    http://fannybarnesthornton.blogspot.com/2013/11/doctor-who-and-california-girls.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOSPITAL-FREE year! Yeah. I avoided doctors last year, and almost all of this year. Just had to get my yearly check-up because I'll never know what's lurking in my body.

    Get your yearly physical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This being my 'recovery' year, of been to sooo many different doctor appointments this year, but somehow I actually did miss getting just a normal checkup. And I'm so tired of going to the doctor all the time...I'm just tired, period.
      Maybe I'll get my checkup next year?... When I'm not so tired...

      Delete
  11. 1. I'm really sorry you suffer from migraines.
    2. I think it falls under Murphy's Laws!
    3. Let's not have the liver discussion. It's too depressing, but seriously NSAIDS can cause major liver damage But the good news is that our livers can regenerate themselves as long as they don't reach that point of no return and then we're screwed!
    4. I'm right with you...wanna compare meds? lol
    5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    6. OUCH!
    7. Special hospitals are for special people!
    8. I'm really feeling your pain. Girl, you need a break...
    9. Being thankful and getting well are two HUGE steps in the right direction!
    10. I don't watch very much TV anymore, but if I did I'm sure I'd watch Dr. Who. Most of my family are Whovians.
    11. You need to think happy thoughts and kick that migraine's ass to the curb.
    P.S. I love van Gogh...thanks for posting a painting by him. It's a nice way to start this rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11 comments for my 11 comments, I love it! LOL

      Van Gogh is my favorite, ever...there is a specific Doctor Who episode that you should watch called Vincent and the Doctor, I really think it's the best Who episode of all, and if you're a Van Gogh fan I'm pretty sure you'll love it!

      Delete