Sunday, April 18, 2004

10 things

I missed this weekend's assignment by an hour, maybe I can get an extension on my homework because I was out of town... here's 10 things (I'm too tired to even fathom doing 25 things right now)...
1. I had my jaw broken in four places and wired shut for six weeks the summer I was 15.
2. I started taking college classes at 16 years old and I didn't graduate until I was 27. Now I'm going back for my second degree.
3. I once broke up with somebody on his voicemail. I'm not proud of it, it's one of the worst things I've ever done.
4. I gave birth to my daughter via natural childbirth, no drugs. It's not that I didn't want the drugs!, but I made it to the hospital almost too late, and definitely too late for painkillers.
5. I am a very bad driver.
6. I lived in Germany for three years as a child.
7. I play the piano.
8. I am a card-carrying member of the Planetary Society.
9. I've been dating my boyfriend for eight years but I've known him for 17 years.
10. I am a Christian. My goal is to live up to His example of love. I often fail (emphasis on often) but I'll never stop trying.

5 comments:

  1. I gave birth without drugs too! I went so fast, the nurses were not paying attention and I missed the "window"...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to play the piano.  maybe one of these days i'll finally take those lessons.

    what is the Planetary Society?  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna: Once I got the piano I taught myself how to play - it's easy if you know how to read music.  Then I got lessons.  Playing is one of my favorite things to do, I can lose myself for hours in the music...
    Check out The Planetary Society at www.planetary.org.

    Alphawoman1: That was the same with me - though the whole 40 minute trip to the hospital my one thought was, "I'll get drugs soon, I'll get drugs soon"... and I was too far gone when I got there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lists. It gives me glimpses inside you and what I see is a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete