Monday, August 26, 2013

Michelle's Tales, Part One

This is a pretty close approximation to what my hair looks like.

So,

I was blow drying my hair before work in the fourth floor restroom in my building.  I do this every day.  (It saves time, it doesn't tangle my long curls, I have more room.)

To be fair, I am the only person I've ever seen do this, but on the other hand, I HAVE been doing it every day for years. 


On this particular day, someone took offense. 

I'd just finished drying and flipped my hair back, and realized someone was in there with me.

Here's what happened next:

Mean Lady
: You can't be serious. 

Me
: Huh?
(I've always been quick on the uptake.)

Mean Lady
: You're not seriously DRYING YOUR HAIR in here. 

Me
(looking around to see if she was talking to someone else): Um. 

Mean Lady
: This is outrageous. That can't be sanitary. 

Me
(finally catching up): Um, we're in the bathroom. 

Mean Lady
: I'm going to report this!!!

And with that, Mean Lady stormed out of the bathroom. 

I took a moment to compose myself... I had genuine visions of ending up like TV's Dr. Green, being beat half to death in the bathroom in E/R. Then I strolled out to the elevator where, yay, Mean Lady was also waiting. 

We waited in silence, got on the elevator in silence, rode to my floor in silence, where I stepped off and never saw her again. 

I think of her though, still, over two years later, every morning when I blow dry my hair in that same fourth floor restroom.

(sigh) I'm still waiting for building management to come have me arrested. It takes just one person to ruin all your fun. :)

6 comments:

  1. For the final 26 years of my working life, I had be in so early that I'd shave there. Nobody ever walked in on me but, after reading of your hairdrying experience, I see only one possible conclusion: mean-lady was upset because you plugged in your dryer before she could plug in her electric shaver. But take heart, all enemies made that early in the morning are incoherent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geo.,

      I like yours so much better... I was in her space! I took up all her room. Maybe that was it!
      That's also a good point. My daughter is my enemy until I am out of the shower every morning! She's so mean! (Geo., I swear Chelsea ran in here when I was in the bathroom and typed those things.) You'd think she would type something good about herself but no...not my little blue square... :)

      Delete
    2. Was she thinning? Maybe she was jealous of your hair. Maybe she needs your locks of love, or whatever it's called.

      Delete
    3. LOL Funny! But I don't think so, didn't you see the picture! My hair used to be pretty, but anymore it's a tangled frizzy mess.
      Locks of love, LOL...

      Delete
  2. LOL oh yes, blow drying your hair is so unsanitary. You should be strung up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww, I went through months of self-doubt because of Mean Lady, LOL...

      Delete