Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Tuesday

When I came home today, there were two police cars parked in front of my neighbor's house.  I found out later that the police, and later an ambulance, were there to take him away due to a mental inquest.
Everyone knew that things weren't quite right with him, and haven't been for a while.  Both my grandparents (next door), and Johnnie and Dwayne (across the street), have been checking in on him, bringing him food, etc., for at least the last month, and his mom has been over there too, checking on him.  
How do people go downhill like this?  It's terrifying, how easy it can happen...five years ago, we were a team on a bowling league with him and his wife.  Then he started drinking more and more, and his wife left him, and he lost his job, and the next thing you know, the police are at his door, and he's sitting on the chair staring straight ahead, and there's blood all over the floor and he hasn't washed in days and he doesn't know anyone.
I hope he gets the help he needs, and I hope he can get back to the way he used to be.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!  how sad!!  I hope he will be okay.  Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I hope this incident was him hitting rock bottom. Then there is no where else to go but up. -B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!  that is awful.  I too hope he gets the help he needs.  Sometimes the right medicine makes all the difference.  He definitely needs to kick the alcohol, maybe they'll hook him up to some AA while he's in there as well.  It might be the best thing that's ever happened to him.  At least I hope so.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's back home now...after three months!  I hope he stays well...

    ReplyDelete