Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Great Fun

Found this in Becky's journal, and I love it!:
Assignment
Your Random Mix, 2004
1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the "shuffle" command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. You can put the list in the comment thread, or write it up in your Journal and then post a link in the comments.
Here's what I came up with:
1.Redeemer - Nicole C. Mullen
2.Border Song - Elton John
3.Sad But True - Metallica
4.The Legend Spreads-The London Symphony Orchestra ('Braveheart' Soundtrack)
5.Dreaming of You - Selena
6.I'll Be Home With Bells On - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers (Hey! Be quiet! I LOVE this song!)
7.I'll Be - Edwin McCain
8.Il Mistero dell'Amore - Andrea Bocelli (Huh?)
9.Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata performed by Bettine Clemen and Richard Patterson
10.Feelin' Groovy - Simon & Garfunkel
So I tried the next ten, hoping to be a little less, I don't know, BLAND, and here's what came up:
1.All This Time - Sting
2.For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
3.Dreams - The Cranberries
4.I'll Try - Jonatha Brooke ('Return to Neverland' Soundtrack) (Definitely my daughter's...but I like it :)...)
5.The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
6.Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
7.Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles
8.Winnie-the-Pooh - Disney Studio Chorus (My daughter has infiltrated my computer, obviously...)
9.Sad Songs (Say So Much) - Elton John
10.If I Should Fall Behind - Bruce Springsteen
See, great fun!

4 comments:

  1. LOL sounds like you had lots of fun! I love your music chic!  I somebody else had done this yesterday,i was going to do it but never got around to it. Today i will ;)
    HUGS,
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent list!!  Some of those are my fav's too!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Your list (and comment) gave me a good chuckle today. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I will have to do this experiment another time since my radio thing takes forever to load up.  I hope I get it right and only then I can give honest answers.  I will say this for now.  I listen to the smooth jazz station since I like the light music.

    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete