Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December Photo A Day, Day 2 - Where I Stood

View from my grandparents' back porch

A day late! Oh, challenges challenge me...

I took this picture in July, I think. This is a picture I took from where I was standing on my grandpa's back porch.

On the right you can see a very small part of my grandma's rock collection...she has rocks lined up like that around both sides of the backyard fence, and both sides of the garage, and both sides of the shed. She had a crazy thing for rocks - everywhere she went, she came back with rocks. Even from places where you weren't supposed to get rocks from. Think Painted Desert.

Those are her flowers on the left, below them is a stone that says Grandma's Garden.

That swingset's been there since I was little. My grandpa made it. It's set into the ground in concrete, so I guess it'll be there forever.

There used to be a huge oak tree in that space where that water thing is now.

We've held several wedding receptions in this backyard.

Over to the left, out of view of the camera, is my mom's backyard. 

Even though I live a few miles away now, I consider both of these houses my real home.

10 comments:

  1. I love this little glimpse into your world - it's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't tell you how much I love this place.. :)

      Delete
  2. The water thing, awesome description lol sounds like quite the spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rock collection. My uncle used to have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my grandma would spend hours putting her rocks in just the right spot. If you could look closer at it, you would see geodes, creek rocks, all kinds of different things...rock people are DIFFERENT, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Lovely and interesting yard. Is that a Myers hand-pump where the tree used to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, my grandma would do all kinds of antique shopping and lug all this stuff home. I'll have to ask my grandpa. They have stuff like that all over the backyard and in the house. :)

      Delete
  5. Very tidy! Does your grandpa keep it that way? That house would fit in my town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did...he slowed down a bit this past year with his brain tumor and surgery and radiation treatments, so now our friend down the street helps keep it up for him.

      Delete