Friday, May 13, 2005

Small...

I had an appointment at my doctor's office this morning...
I got there at 10:20 a.m....
I was still sitting there at 11:20 a.m....
And 12:20 p.m....
It's not like this was an emergency appointment.  I've had this appointment scheduled for three months!
Fridays, incidentally, are my sleepy days.
I dozed off in the waiting room, through some show called 'Starting Over'? and through 'The Price is Right'...
When they finally called me back to a room, and said, "He (the doctor) will be here in a minute (Yeah, right!).", I was just relieved to get out of the waiting room with the staring people and the bad TV.
I fell asleep in the room waiting for the doctor.  This time, not dozing...I REALLY fell asleep.  I don't even remember the first ten minutes of our conversation after the doctor came in and woke me up, because I was, um, still trying to wake up...
I went to work after that, worked late to make up for it, and came home, took another nap, ate dinner...D and I started to watch last night's CSI but when I turned on the TV that Elvis thing was on.
So you know we had to watch that...well, I had to watch that...
Did I ever mention that I have an Elvis umbrella?
I DO live in the South End of Louisville, you know...
I tucked my daughter in bed and now I'm trying to write my entry and I have my left eye closed and my right eye open, that's the only way I'm getting this done. 
I'm so tired, the waves of sleep are crashing over me...and all I can think about are the hours I spent at the doctor's office this morning. 
Lack of sleep does strange things to your perception...

3 comments:

  1. LOL...I have fallen asleep at the doctor's office before...but not like that!!  Girl...you need to catch up on some serious sleep!!!!  
    Hope you get some good rest tonight!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, bless your heart. I hope you got some rest.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am envious of your Elvis umbrella.

    ReplyDelete