Well, I had a whole entry written and then AOL kicked me off, so now I'm rewriting this and not in nearly as good a mood as I was in...I knew I should have written it offline and copied and pasted...
Here's the update on my daughter's ear...by Thursday night it was completely swollen again, so the eardrops wouldn't go in at all...I took her to the doctor Friday morning and he was very concerned, to say the least. This is the first time we've seen her regular doctor in a while, because every time we went back the last few times we had to see the on-call doctors and he wasn't there...
Anyway, it was great to see him, it just made me feel better knowing how concerned he was about her. He put a 'wick' in her ear...it looks exactly like what it sounds like, a candle wick...so that the eardrops can actually make it inside her ear by traveling through the wick...it's supposed to fall out within the week. He also prescribed her new, different antibiotic eardrops.
(I've lost count of the total doctor visits and different prescriptions this has come to so far. My insurance is good, but I still have to pay co-payments: $15 for each office visit, and $25 for each RX. $$$! But I would pay anything if she would only get better...)
He also wants her to see her ENT when this clears up, because this has dragged on so long, something definitely isn't right. I was so happy to say, yay, I finally did something right, because I already scheduled the appointment with the ENT for January 24th. SURELY this will be cleared up by then?!
I'm feeling very hopeful now, for the first time in a while, because her ear is much less swollen now than it was on Friday. Also, the draining has stopped, thank goodness! (Some draining is good...except her ear was draining going on three weeks without stopping...causing an oozing sore on the outside of her ear where it was draining...). She's still having some itching but on the whole things are looking better...cautiously optimistic here...this newfangled wick thing seems to be working...
I'm going to close this with a quiz I found in Angel's journal...I love these wonderful quizzes, because 1) they can help you think about where you are and what you're doing with your life, and 2) well, no explanation needed, the best kind... :) :
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
3. Hey! (That's my boyfriend's specialty LOL!)
THREE SCREEN NAMES YOU HAVE HAD:
I can't answer this one, I've only had one screen name the whole time I've been on AOL...
THREE THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. I like that I learned how to play piano.
2. I like that books are my friends.
3. I like that sometimes I'm a little funny.
THREE THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. I hate that sometimes I let things slip away...there it goes...bye...
2. I hate that sometimes I have trouble getting started...getting moving...getting motivated...
3. I hate that I forget things...all the time...what? when?
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
(in other words: that of anyone with ancestors from the Appalachian mountains)
THREE THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND:
1. The stock market
3. Did I mention the stock market?
THREE THINGS THAT ANNOY YOU:
1. Having to talk on the telephone when I'm at home.
2. People that come over, unannounced.3. People that say they're leaving and then stand at the door for another hour.
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:1. Tornados
2. World War II / The Holocaust
3. Windows at night that don't have curtains
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:1. Diet Pepsi
3. A hug from my daughter
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:1. Gray sweat pants
2. Blue t-shirt
3. Hair clip
THREE THINGS ON YOUR DESK:
1. Trivial Pursuit electronic game
2. My daughter's mood ring (she discovered tonight that it turned her finger green so she left it on MY desk. Then she debated wearing it on her thumb so she could have a 'GREEN thumb.' LOL! She cracks me up...)
3. Gus Grissom Memorial Brochure (in Spring Mill State Park, Mitchell, Indiana)
THREE THINGS YOU SAY THE MOST:
3. Hmmm... (insert proper vagueness in there, so the person talking is never sure if I'm listening or if I'm in Michelle-fantasy-land...with my daughter, she never doubts that I'm listening, she's a narcissistic twelve-year old! With my boyfriend, he's pretty sure I'm NOT listening, even if Iam, so he'll repeat everything twice...)
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS AT THE MOMENT:
1. The Beatles
(I know, I'm not exactly in the moment here...)
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITES SONGS AT THE MOMENT:
1. Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
2. Out of this World - Bush
3. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
THREE PEOPLE YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME WITH:1. My daughter
2. My boyfriend
3. My mom
THREE THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR CLOSE FRIENDS:1. They know me. I can relax.
2. I know them. They can relax.
3. We make each other laugh.
THREE THINGS YOU WOULD WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:1. Love
THREE THINGS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:1. Humor
THREE THINGS YOU CAN'T DO:1. Can't... figure out what I'm doing wrong here...2. Can't... seem to get this desk cleaned up once and for all...
3. Can't... get up in the morning for work if I don't go to bed soon...
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:1. Reading
2. Playing piano
3. Hmmm...what do I put for this third one...whitewater rafting?...memorizing things?...learning new languages?...(or rather, attempting to learn new languages)...or the really embarrassing one, going to the Y and working out?
THREE THINGS YOU WANT REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW:1. Solutions and an end to the suffering over there.
2. My daughter's ear to be all better.
THREE CAREERS YOU'VE CONSIDERED:1. You name it...
2. I considered it...
3. That's why it took me nine years to graduate from college.
THREE PLACES YOU WOULD GO ON VACATION:1. The Arctic Circle
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Maybe possibly get married. Maybe.
2. See my daughter grow up into a beautiful young woman.
3. I would really, really like to see a human land on Mars.