Thursday, February 26, 2004

Sleep...


I don't get enough sleep.  I have to be up at 6 a.m. every day and I don't ever get to bed before 1 or 2.  By Friday I'm always exhausted.  

But usually, even though I'm dead tired by this time of night, I force myself to stay awake, and awake, and awake, even though I wish I could sleep all the time.  

Why is that?  Am I afraid to go to sleep?  Am I afraid to go to bed alone?  Or is it that I know when I go to sleep that means I will soon wake up and have to face another day just like the one I had before?

2 comments:

  1. Those are good questions and ones I often ask myself when I go without sleep which is most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of things for me have changed in the past ten years, but this has remained the same. It's why I have Ambien, and even with the Ambien, I fight and fight to stay awake.

      Delete