Friday, November 19, 2010

Please carry me home...


Music: Patty Griffin - Not Alone
I hate broken ankles. I hate pain. I hate being confined to the house for weeks. I hate not being able to get comfortable. I hate being scatterbrained. I hate cliques. I hate cancer. I hate vegetables and fruit and ham and lettuce and beans. I hate insects. I hate Westerns. I hate my carpet. I hate bigotry and racism and homophobia. I hate war.

I love my family. I love my kitty. I love reading, and writing, and dancing, and poetry, and art and music. I love TV and movies. I love my iPod and my Sony Reader and my laptop. I love my blanket. I love the fall, and the winter, and the spring. I love trees. I love my brothers and sisters around the world even though I have never met them. I love God.

I try to love when I feel like hating. But I'm still hating things, especially cancer.
I need to be more loving, to make up for it. Loving is easy...it's everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment