Tuesday, November 9, 2010
No superheroes here...
Top Five Reality-Check Moments After Falling Down The Stairs
1. You realize that you're on the downside of 30, which means you have no coordination and your bones are brittle.
2. Even though you have a broken leg, you still have to get back up the stairs.
3. You really have no privacy in the E/R, as evidenced by sitting out in the hallway in a wheelchair the entire time I was there, while I talked to the doctor, they medicined me, and splinted me. In the hallway.
4. All those fantasies of breaking a bone so I don't have to go to work? STUPID...I forgot that broken bones really, really hurt.
5. People come to your house to check on you no matter how messy your room is. The usual method of avoiding company by pretending you're not home isn't really an option. Where else am I gonna be with my broken leg?