Saturday, October 15, 2022

I hope you're still with me when I'm not quite myself...

 


Crisis mode.

The car broke down forever. Mom fell, and fell again, and fell and fell. She's just out of the hospital with broken ribs, and now my aunt has fallen and has brain injury and Chelsea and I have just run ourselves ragged between hospital and work and school and hospital again, with just one vehicle.

Grief.

Aunt Sondra, with her brain injury, keeps asking for Moma. It makes us cry.

Dread.

My adorable kitty has diabetes. She's 17 years old now and I know she can't stay forever.

Now.

Time has sped up and is rushing past in a blur of color and I just want it to slow down.

I want to spend time with my kitty and my daughter and my mom and my Dwayne.

I keep going because I remember joy and I want to see it again.

Joy faith love kindness grace grace grace...

I know it's there waiting for me. 

💜



7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time right now, but remember you always are among friends out here. Take care of yourself so you can take care the people and animals you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michelle, 11/8/60 is a date inseparable from my father's death. Yes, I still think about it --the 10-year-old I was had some emergency growing up to do.Did it. Helped with siblings to stabilize Mom --who returned to college to get a Ca. teaching credential. By 2000, we were all pursuing our own livelihoods. Things work out. Stay strong. Stay positive. And definitely , cats help.

    ReplyDelete