Saturday, May 18, 2013

No Escape



We were on one of those Halloween `Ghost Runs` about fifteen years ago...Dwayne and I, a couple of friends, and a whole bunch of people I didn't know.

The group decided to go to `The Haunted Forest` but when we got there only three went in, leaving about eight of us sitting in the van.  For a very. long. time.

Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore, and I asked if anyone had ever read Sartre's "No Exit"...and started explaining a little bit what the play was about.

"So," my friend Jim said, "are you saying that sitting here in the van with us is like being in hell?"

OUCH! BUSTED!

Dwayne still likes to make fun of me for that one...he says I need reminding that I'm not always the smartest one in the room.

I was totally put in my place.  I think it was probably a few days before I said anything at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment