Friday, December 4, 2020

"Are there still beautiful things?"

 


Despite everything, I'm still full of hope.

Kamala Harris will be the first female vice-president. I can't wait.

Hugs will come back one day. I can't wait.

Police reform will come, I'm sure of it. I can't wait.

Here's a story:

    Late last year, my mom had surgery to have a stent put in her subclavian artery. Her follow-up scans incidentally showed a spot in her lung. She had a cancerous tumor, which was removed with a lobectomy. No chemo required.

    Her follow-up scans for the lobectomy incidentally showed a spot in her colon. She has cancerous tumors. This time chemo is required, and radiation, and surgery.

    My mom was perfectly healthy when this all started, aside from the atrocious blood pressure in one of her arms. They found all this cancer stuff ACCIDENTALLY. We would never have known about it until it was too late.

The moral of my story is that there are still good things. We have to get through this year of cancer, but after that, my mom has a great chance of being completely cured. 

Things get better. We just need to keep working, and keep hoping. I can feel despair hanging just over there, but I don't plan to give in to it. We can't ever give up.

Life will be good again. I can't wait.

I love and missed you all! 

LOVE

p.s. Title is a quote from 'Seven' by Taylor Swift, from her album Folklore.

4 comments:

  1. How about from Galaxy Quest, also:
    Never give up. Never surrender!

    Unless you're the character who has to die to prove the situation is serious, then you're just out of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Michelle, I sense a strength in this post that I hope my own family possessed and drew upon during my bout with cancer in the past two years. All my best wishes and hopes to you and yours. Stay positive and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, that's a wonderful story. There's always hope if we just keep going.

    Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're back and that's wonderful news that they caught your mother's cancer early. I'm happy for her and your family. So yes, good things do happen and I, too think it's wonderful that we are soon will have our first female vice president (and dare I say maybe our first female president) sworn into office. What a great day for America!

    ReplyDelete